The Senior Magento 2 Developer is accountable for ensuring our global E - Business/Commerce platforms are well controlled, operating effectively and aligned with business needs. In addition to daily business support tasks, this role is responsible for assisting in identifying and implementing process improvements to these systems and other core systems.
- Participates with our internal team and stakeholders to plan new features and provide best estimates allowing for team to optimize outcomes that provide the most value to the customer and the organization
- Breaks down features into manageable stories to allow for easier coding, reviewing, testing and approval
- Participates in retrospectives to gain knowledge and learning with the purpose to become a more effective team member and to build better teams and deliver continuing higher quality products
- Writes clean, readable, adaptable and quality unit tests alongside production code
- Reviews others code to ensure delivery of high-quality functionality and participate in an environment of learning
- Focuses on continuous integration and/or continuous delivery strategies providing optimal feedback loops for the team
- Builds test automation and practices test driven development
- Achieves the goals defined by the stakeholders
Distinguishing Characteristics of Job:
- Seasoned professional individual contributor
- Works independently with limited supervision
- May manage projects / processes
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results.
- Works independently under limited supervision.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
Communication & Influence:
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. May have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Specific Experience/Education/Certification Requirements:
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
Required Professional Experience:
- Magento 2 (2 year)
- PHP (5 years), Ideally PHP 7 Experience
- HTML5/CSS (1 year)
- PHPUnit Testing Framework
- Knowledge of RESTful principles and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with HTML and CSS basics
- Enthusiastic about writing clean code and implementing object-oriented design principles
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with TDD or enthusiasm to learn this methodology
- Desire to be a self-starter by taking the initiative to accomplish goals
- Comfortable with a team-based work structure; thrives in a flexible and fun atmosphere and can easily adapt to changing situations
- Eager to stay up to date with technology systems and welcomes the chance to learn something new