Core Responsibilities include:
- Ready to lead a team of developers by adding technical details to tickets, architecting solutions, and estimating new or future work.
- Managing a daily flow of work and delegating work to other team members appropriately.
- Mentoring and teaching junior team members on topics related to Shopify development.
- Handling escalations of senior to mid-level of difficulty regarding any aspect of Shopify issues and frontend issues with HTML, CSS.
-Reviewing junior developers and promoting good development practices.
We’re looking for individuals who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace process and organization, are detail-oriented, and enjoy using data to inform their decision-making. A great Tech Lead candidate will bring a blend of the following technical experience and professional skills to this opportunity:
- Experience leading a development team of 4 or more people, demonstrating strong communication skills.
- Mastery of all things Shopify, including app installation and configuration, adding custom functionality, server configuration, and custom app integration construction.
- Knowledge of modern CSS concepts such as Grid CSS and Flexbox.
- Background in software engineering, object-oriented programming, database management, preferably on a LAMP stack.
- Experience with Vue.js or React.js is a plus.
- Ability to develop for a myriad of devices with differing screen sizes and resolutions.
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility, and experience building stateful web applications with client-side technologies.
- Experience using Git for version control.
- Experience integrating with external web services, like SOAP, REST, or Graph QL APIs, is recommended.
Comfort using software development management tools like the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of applications.