This job is 100% remote.
Who is Bulk Reef Supply? BRS is the clear #1 e-commerce retailer in an a rapidly growing enthusiast market. We are fast pace organization that strives to maintain the fun nimble pace of a smaller origination while providing the resources, capabilities, opportunities and aggressive goals of a larger organization.
Who are you? This position reports directly to the Director of Technology and be part of a team of independent thinkers.
- You thrive in an environment with clear direction but minimal daily management.
- You can independently recognize issues preventing the team from reaching objectives and are a natural born problem solver.
- You are confident and capable enough say “I don’t know”, ask questions, and lean from failures.
- You are comfortable expressing your opinion in discussions but are capable of buying in for the benefit of the team when a decision has been made.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to develop and maintain a large Magento 2 e-commerce platform. This position will involve working on a team of 5, reporting directly to the Director of Technology, and will have a voice in picking technical strategy and architecture direction.
Front End Web Development:
- Develop solutions with security, performance, accessibility, SEO, and scalability in mind.
- Build new Magento 2 modules, buy and modify 3rd party modules, help troubleshoot current Magento 2 codebase.
Back End Development:
- Develop MySQL queries to interact with and present the data the business needs.
- Build and maintain RESTful AJAX API endpoints in PHP to provide functionality to the web frontend.
- Develop occasional supporting backend scripts in Python.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
- 2+ years of professional experience developing on Magento (v1 or v2) e-commerce platform.
- Ability to create a Magento module from scratch.
- 5+ years of experience developing with PHP and MySQL.
- Experience building web applications that leverage (e.g. RESTful) APIs.
- Knowledge of security and web architecture best practices.
Comfortable working on backend Linux servers using the Bash command line.
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment.
- Magento Certification is a big plus.
- Able to conduct code reviews of third party Magento extensions with a focus on quality, security, scalability, stability and performance.
- Able to customize 3rd party and open-source extensions.